This page is where I will collect the links I have spoken about in my blog posts. You can find them according to the post you have read, and the links will take you to the location on Amazon.ca where you can browse and purchase things if you wish.
The Top New Year’s Resolutions, and why you should scrap them. Second Post, First Focus!
As promised, here are a list of resources and Bible versions for you.
1. The Be still, My Soul: 90-Day Bible Study Coloring Journal combines study with coloring, something that helps me focus. It also has my favorite verse in its title. Be Still… So many times, I have gone back to that. I have to calm the world’s noises in my head and be still. Coloring while I think helps me do just that. Of course there are many studies out there for men too, and I think that The Rise of the Servant Kings helps to explain what the Bible says about being a man of God. I would even suggest that mothers wanting to help their sons become Kingdom Men could benefit from the study.
2. The following Bible; NIV, Beautiful Word Coloring Bible, is in an easy to read format, thanks to NIV. It also has beautiful pages to color and help you remember the main points in the books. I have one very similar to this one, bought a few years ago, but already full of color. It sticks in my mind so much clearer.
3. The Five Minute Bible Study for Women is a short study (seriously 5 minutes is not too long), designed to get your mind focused. There is also one for men, called 3-Minute Devotions for Men, that gives quick insight for the day. I know we don’t have a lot of time in the morning, but a tid-bit is often enough to get me hungry for the word later in the day, and to focus my mind on what God has for me in the day ahead.
4. I also have some Bibles that aren’t for coloring in, but I have always highlighted them and written in the margins, so the NIV Compact Study Bible is one that I would suggest. I have always found NIV the most easy to understand. You can get Bibles in a variety of colors, styles and translations, so explore!
At the bottom of the searches, often Amazon puts up awesome additional things to use along with the products, and their list of highlighters designed for Bible pages, Chapter Tabs, and pencil crayons is pretty great. Happy hunting!
Links from the post The Top New Year’s Resolutions, and why you should scrap them. Third and Fourth Focus!
- The 5 Love Languages (Updated!) by Gary Chapman
- The 5 Love Languages for Men by Gary Chapman
- The 5 Love Languages Singles Edition by Gary Chapman
- The Birth Order Book: Why You Are The Way You Are by Kevin Leman
- The Intimate Connection: Secrets to a Lifelong Romance by Kevin Leman
- Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus by John Gray, PhD
- Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus; A Practical Guide to Improving Communication by John Gray, PhD
- Phenomenon with John Travolta